Thursday, July 22, 2010

When the going gets tough the tough walks 3 more miles

So today I woke up SO excited to get a lot of excercising in for the day. I got my work out clothes on (my new work out clothes that didnt fit when I bought them but do now!!!) and took Malcolm for a 3 mile bike ride. Go me!

Well, I still need to change some stuff into my new name after getting married. So I went up to the bank with Malcolm. It took a little longer than I thought and Malcolm was acting up really bad because it was nap time. Well turns out that Justin needed to be present to change my name also... I don't understand why, but whatever. So now I am aggrivated because it's going to be hard enough to get Justin to go up there just to sign his name but then the manager tells me it has to be done today.

So I grab Malcolm and walk out, well while I'm putting him in the car I hear "hey" now on normal circumstances I can recognize the voice but this time I didn't so I look up and see a guy hanging out of his beat down truck and he calls out to me all but politely "Fatass" and here comes flooding back to me all the memories from getting picked on when I was younger.

Like really I deserved a fat ass? Because why? My ass is large? too large? Or is that just a term of endearnment you use for all those random strangers you had nothing better to do than bother.

So needless to say at this time I'm now feeling pretty down and thinking to myself.. whats the point? This is going to take forever, I could fail, I will always be that "fatass". But you know what. I dont care what you think. I dont care what you say.

I am my own person living my own life. Am I happy? For the most part, are there things to improve on? Heck yeah. Will I ever be perfect? No, because perfection only exists in Jesus our Lord. So you know what I might be a fat ass but and I say BUT I at least have the decency to keep my unhappiness to myself. I don't spread it around like an infectious disease.

I will pick my head right back up and go through the rest of my day. Walk 3 miles to go get my brother, come home and eat a sensible lunch and then have band practice. You know what I won't do though? I won't think about that man that called me a fatass.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? Some random ass just yelled that.. Good Gawd... People are freaky.
    Your doing great and don't let some freaking hillbilly arse mess with your flow ok!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete