Sunday, July 4, 2010

Claustrohphobic The food is closing in!!

Today we went to Justin's aunt's house. I knew there was going to be food so I tried to plan accordingly.

Well last night she called and asked if I could make a cake, at first I said no I didn't have the ingredients nor the time.. however I ended up feeling bad so I decided I would make the cake... but it had to be an eggless cake. Wooh... have any of you tried to make an eggless cake... if you have I BET your first attempt wasn't a success. Well I could be wrong but I'm basing it off of my experience and my mad cake making skills. So I made the cake, obviously I had to taste it to make sure it tasted ok I more than tasted it I took probably 10 bites which is a lot in my mind... well well "pepsi chocolate cake" you are not to shabby.. Next morning I make my chocolate frosting (had to taste a couple of bites because I've never made chocolate before) and began getting excited for the decorating part... well I put my first bit of frosting on and it won't spread or stick to the cake... hmm... ok well maybe it was too thick (I made it thicker than usual because we were going to be outside...) so I thinned it just a little bit.. nope still not sticking and by this time it's just ruining my cake.

However, I gave myself two options: I could throw the towel in now, or I could try to make cake balls... so I was proud to perservere and not give up I start making my balls (cake crumbled and frosting mixed dipped in chocolate and cooled) and low and behold they are not forming as well as I thought they would. So I put them in the fridge but as soon as I put them in the melted chocolate they start melting all over the place.. IN THE GARBAGE YOU MUST GO I've had enough! It took me a minute but I regained my composure, went upstairs got ready thought I looked pretty fabulous.. I keep forgetting to do pictures and we leave.

We get there and I scope out the food so I can make good decisions.. TIME TO EAT!!

I grab my plate and I see that they are the oval really thick paper plates (you know which ones I'm talking about) well they're HUGE. This is a bad sign.. I'll just get a hamburger and some salad no dressing.. but then I see the kids digging into the macaroni and cheese and oohhh its so gooey and cheesy so I load that onto my plate and the pasta salad just a little bit of that won't hurt, oh and I need to get me legumes in, so baked beans heads toward my plate. By the time I sit down I have a full plate. I eat it so fast that I don't even have time to consider stopping before my plate is empty. Great. I just consumed a lot of calories more than I was allowed for the day. THEN I do the unthinkable and head in for more pasta salad... mmm carbs you and I would make the perfect couple. Like Whitney and crack or Britney and a razor...

So by now I can barely breathe and I am disgusted with myself... I hate feeling like this.. But ya know what I'm going to go home and ride the bike and work out... so on the way home Malcolm is extremely fussy and we get home he stays up for about another hour, so now that it's 10 oclock he is ready for bed and everyone else is ready to light fireworks... well I like my life so I decided to not go ride my bike because of the dangers that fireworks can have.

As I take Malcolm to the bed I stop at the scale (I know I know... I should only do this about once a week and in the morning after everything has settled, but I'm addicted) I weigh myself at least 5 times a day and I know that the weight is going to fluctuate but I tell ya everytime it's even .1 higher I get extremely discourage.. so I jump on the scale what do ya know SIX lbs higher than this morning which means I consumed SIX lbs of food and liquid today.. I didn't realize it was that much, it's just crazy to me.. so now I feel even more discouraged...

But ya know what I didn't get this size overnight and I won't be my goal size overnight. I will not falter I will not fail.. until tomorrow Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment