Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Now all I have to do is work on stage presence

Ahh... yesterday felt good, I took a break from my routine.. even though it's only been a week I knew if I kept going I was going to really re-injure my knee. I decided to take the day off I didn't overindulge in food or anything I just didn't work out. Well close to bed time the guitarist of the Praise Band I joined called and said that we are going to be performing 5 songs on the 25th of this month in front of the whole church..

Well I've been practicing the songs (if I haven't said this yet I am the lead singer) however this is my first week. Well I did pretty good at learning all 5 songs.. but I realized while practicing that I had a hard time walking down the aisle to get married how in the worl am I going to perform in front of people while I'm the person they are really listening to. Oh my. See I used to have a lot of confidence to perform in front of people when I was a lot smaller as in skinnier not really younger. However, now that I look the way I do, I'm not as confident. So I started freaking out.

Today was the end of my first week of my journey and I stepped on the scale and guess what it said 276.4 which means in the first week I have lost 5 lbs.. and you know what that wasn't that hard. I just have to do it 20 more times THATS IT! Can you believe it I am one step closer to my goal.

Today was an unbelievably hot day and my brother in laws wanted to walk to the store (not even half a mile) so I walked about a mile today and then did day 6 of the 30 Day Shred it was hard I was extremely tired today and had a really bad headache but as I was contemplating taking another day off. I realized this is where it starts it starts with taking one day off then the next.. and next thing you know I'm watching tv and eating twinkies (I actually don't like twinkies but I thought it fit best) so I walked right down those stairs without anyone telling me or making me feel guilty and worked out.. it was a pretty good workout... I had a pretty bad headache so I took extra strength tylenol and worked out but only did half the jumping jacks and jump rope, it just hurt too badly...

Now most of the time I would be bummed that I've only lost 5 lbs but you know what it's been one week ONE.. and that is a lot of weight for one week I just have to keep telling myself it's not an overnight process. I truly never understood why so many people say that all the time, but now I fully understand how discouraging it can be when it feels like next year is forever away, but you know what I have to remember it might now be a year till I hit my goal weight but the whole time my body is shrinking and I as a person am growing.. love always Ali

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comments on my blog.. My wee one will be 14 months real soon. I think Im going to try and try and try again to let him cry it out at night at least. Its good to know im not the only one that is trying to figure this out...

    Your blog looks great. Looking forward to following you. Youe picture is so lovely..:)

    ReplyDelete