Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Catching Up

So here is a list of things to catch up on:

Playstation 3
Eating Healthy at gatherings
Working Out (or lack of)
Losing Weight through this past week
Performance

See I have to write a list and I think I might do that from now on because it is getting difficult to write all I want bceause I forget all the topics I want/need to hit.

So basically this past week we recieved two cards in the mail for our wedding adding up to $450 then we both got paid... lemme just say I work at Target and he at Kroger, so it's not a glamour job or anything or big time pay... but hey I'm finishing up with school soon so whatev. Anyway we had about $1100 including the cards. Well, we had to get the car a tune up and buy some school supplies for the church's donation. Other than that I thought we would pay some past bills, that way we don't have to live with his parents forever. Well, I THOUGHT we had agreed on paying bills. However when I got home I saw that he maybe didn't feel the same way, because sitting in the middle of the floor was his new PS3 and game. Which pretty much took half that money. So of course I am angry. "I thought we were going to pay the phone bill with that money?" I said to him... his response: "I know your not talking about spending money, you spend all of our money at Target." Ok so maybe he has a little bit of a point. Over time I think I have spent that much at Target but you know what? That was over a 9 month period not in one day. Also, I buy all of Malcolm's things from Target, diapers, wipes, clothes, shoes, etc. So I mean I guess SOME of my purchases are validated. Well whatever, I got over him buying it.. but then he presents me with a video game usage agreement. On days that we both have off he gets up to 8 hours, days that 1 of us works he gets 3 hours and days that both of us work 1 hour. And after 2 hours of playing an hour break has to be taken. Oh also any game time that is spent overnight doesn't count towards the running tally hmm let's see.. so he works midnights so any days that he doesn't work he stays up all night so that he can maintain hours.. what do you think is going to keep him up all night... so he can officially play for about 16 hours in one day. Isn't that great how he figured that one out. Ya know what though, I signed it. I'm not going to beg him to spend time with me. I am my own person. I know my son will always want to spend time with me. I don't really need him to HAVE to spend time with me. So he can make his own choices, our choices are what determine the future.

Our Choices Creates Our Destiny
Destiny is not a matter of chance,
it is a matter of choice.
It is not a thing to be waited for,
it is a thing to be achieved."
William Jennings Bryan, 41st Secretary of State

Therefore if he wants to achieve a perfect or close to it relationship then he has to make that choice.

Moving on, so this past Saturday we had Jeremy's (Justin's brother) graduation party. Oh I was so excited I told myself that I would let loose for one day and eat because I have been doing really well... well I definitely let loose. I had a sausage, pasta salad, baked beans, creamy jalapeno dip, pinwheels, and cheese and crackers and drank like 3 cans of pop.

I felt so sick after eating all of that and knew that I shouldn't have, I couldn't even eat the rest of the day I was so full. The next day our power went out so I couldn't cook anything. I ended up with more pinwheels (not healthy ones may I remind you). I tried eating decently the rest of the week. We went out to eat 3 times this week and we NEVER go out to eat. I thought for SURE my weight wasn't lowering any.

I also thought this because I haven't really been working out. When we dropped the car off we walked about three miles there and back to get some breakfast while we waited. Other than that my knee has been bothering me quite a bit so I have really reduced my working out. I'm going to walk and Jordan today though... as long as Malcolm cooperates... it's too hard to take him with because umbrella stroller plus rough terrain don't work well together. I also have been kinda keeping my work clothes on after I work out and for all you ladies you know what that means... so I have been taking it easy.. it's kinda gross to think about but whatever.

Sunday was our performance. I was so excited but then the day of came and I was really nervous. I started getting my nervous stomach cramps but I kept telling myself it's just another practice and besides I'm singing for God not for the HUNDRED people that are here. Yeah thats in the next paragraph for why I am shouting 100. So we went up did our thing, and everyone told me they couldn't hear me singing. So I told Janet (the other singer) to turn my mic up guess what lovely decided to do? She turned hers up and didn't touch mine. She is a tenor which pretty much naturally makers her louder, or at least in my experience. But ya know what I'm going to let it go, that's just one performance the next will be better and I now know how to operate the mic system on my own. Other than that we did very well. Everyone said what a joy it was seeing my face up there (our church is all older people I'm the youngest by more than 20 years).

So that same day we had a gathering for our new pastor. Pastor Cindy. We had a big potluck in our gathering hall. Which I truly believe that is the only reason everyone was there. Because there was food. Really, like people will only come to church if they get free food out of it? In the case they should be coming to Sunday school because we have cake and punch and they should be coming to all the other gatherings also because we always have snacks.. but you know what they don't. Our church is usually about 40-50 people. We doubled that because of the band and because of unlimited food.. well you know what THEY SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. God will forgive but our church family won't forget the ridiculousness you call religion and faith.

So to end this post I wanted to say after all that eating and lack of work out I lost .6 of a lb. Hey it's a loss I'LL TAKE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment