Monday, November 22, 2010

My lower back hurts. :(

I haven't been working out regularly because I can't find a babysitter for the baby and it's too cold for him outside. I think I might start doing my Biggest Loser tapes on days that I cannot get out to work out.

Short story (not like Allan): I went to the doctors in like March and they told me that they thought I had a mild case of fibromyalgia. It was later diagnosed. If anyone is unaware of what that is: Fibromyalgia is a common condition characterized by long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, morning stiffness, sleep problems, headaches, numbness in hands and feet, depression, and anxiety.

Symptoms include:
•Body aches
•Chronic facial muscle pain or aching
•Fatigue
•Irritable bowel syndrome
•Memory difficulties and cognitive difficulties
•Multiple tender areas (muscle and joint pain) on the back of the neck, shoulders, sternum, lower back, hips, shins, elbows, knees
•Numbness and tingling
•Palpitations
•Reduced exercise tolerance
•Sleep disturbances
•Tension or migraine headaches

Basically the way it works is as I work out and lose weight it becomes less of a problem. However, the way I see it is those are kind of the same symptoms of being fat. So which is it? Is it fibromyalgia or is it just fatness? Not sure, all I know is I haven't worked out in three days and I almost couldn't get out of bed my low back hurt so bad. I had Justin massage it a little bit, work it out using techniques designed specifically for this type of pain and it feels a little bit better, but only working out really helps. So guess what I HAVE to get back into doing. Yes friends working out everyday. Not that that should be a problem xoxo Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment